the following translation of our Package Travel Directive serves solely the purposes of a better understanding. Legally, only the German version is decisive.
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package tour within the meaning of the Directive (EU) 2015/2302. Therefore, you can claim all EU rights that apply to package tours. Velociped GmbH & Co. KG bears full responsibility for the proper execution of the entire package tour.
In addition, Velociped GmbH & Co. KG holds the statutory protection for the repayment of your payments and, if transport is included in the package tour, to ensure your return transportation in case of bankruptcy.
• The travelers get all the essential information on the package tour before completing the package tour contract.
• At least one contractor is always liable for the proper performance of all the complimentary contract travel services.
• The travelers receive an emergency telephone number or contact information through which they can contact the tour operator or the travel agency.
• Travelers can transfer the package tour to another person within a reasonable time and possibly at additional cost.
• The price of the package tour may only be increased if certain costs (eg fuel prices) will increase and if this is expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event no later than 20 days before the start of the package tour. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the package tour price, the traveler may withdraw from the contract. When a tour operator reserves the right to a price increase, the passenger has the right to a price reduction if the costs decrease.
• Travelers can withdraw from the contract without paying a cancellation fee and receive a full refund of all payments if one of the essential components of the package tour except for the price is significantly changed. If the operator responsible for the package tour cancels the package tour before the package tour begins, travelers are entitled to a reimbursement of costs and possibly a compensation.
• In case of exceptional circumstances, such as serious security problems at the destination which are expected to affect the package tour, travelers can withdraw from the contract before the start of the travel package tour without paying a cancellation fee.
• In addition, travelers can withdraw from the contract at any time prior to the start of the package tour in exchange for an appropriate and reasonable cancellation fee.
• If essential components of the package tour can not be carried out as agreed after the beginning of the package tour, suitable alternative arrangements shall be offered to the traveler at no extra cost. The traveler can withdraw from the contract without payment of a cancellation fee (in the Federal Republic of Germany this right is called "Termination"), if services are not provided in accordance with the contract and if this has a significant impact on the provision of the contractual package tour services and if the tour operator fails to remedy the situation.
• The traveler is entitled to a price reduction and / or compensation if the travel services are not provided or not provided properly.
• The tour operator provides the traveler assistance when the traveler is in trouble.
• In the event of insolvency of the tour operator, or – in some Member States – of the travel agent, costs shall be refunded. If the insolvency of the tour operator or, if applicable, the travel agent occurs after the start the package tour and if transportation is part of the package tour, the return transportation of the travelers is guaranteed. Velociped GmbH & Co. KG has entered into a bankruptcy protection with TourVERS Touristik-Versicherungs-Service GmbH. Travelers can contact this facility if they are denied benefits due to the insolvency of Velociped GmbH & Co. KG (TourVERS Touristik-Versicherungs-Service GmbH, Borsteler Chaussee 51, 22453 Hamburg, Tel. +49 (0)40 2442880,